The Boomertime Forum

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newspaper Article Written About Boomertime!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:33 pm 

Well,,, This was an unexpected blessing. A newspaper less than an hour North of my home town did a business interview with me and published the following article. It was actually a large front page feature article in two newspapers so far! I hope using this URL link will work. If your browser shows the article too small, or scaled down like mine did, just use your mouse & click to increase the article size.
Boomer

http://watchandclockforum.com/images/boomarticle.jpg

Post subject: Re: Newspaper Article Written About Boomertime!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:54 am 

WatchItToMe wrote:
Boomer,

That was a great article on how you got started in the watch business.

I enjoyed the read. You were right that the print came up small, but I did the left click and was able to read the full article.

The family passed down timepieces are the best. I love the "story" behind the watch.

Thanks for sharing the article with the forum.

Debbie

Debbie,
Thanks for your kind words. And yes,,,, out of the approximate 900 timepieces we have in stock, the only one that is "priceless" to me or not for sale is the one Grandpa gave me for my 12th birthday!
Boomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Boomer,

Do you have pictures of that 992E that you talk about in the article? I am really curious to see what the packaging etc looks like. It must have made your year to find one of these in NOS.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

W&CF Admin & Sole Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:21 pm 

Thomas Carey wrote:
Boomer,

Do you have pictures of that 992E that you talk about in the article? I am really curious to see what the packaging etc looks like. It must have made your year to find one of these in NOS.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

Tom,
Actually, being such a rare model,,, being unused New Old Stock and having all of its original warranty & paperwork complete with inner & outer Hamilton factory signed 992 Elinvar boxes,,, it was so much of a "holy grail" that I did not see the need to photograph it. The reason is because a "non-watch person" would NEVER understand the extremely high price and want to play the "20 Questions Game". I made two phone calls to serious world class antique watch collectors. The first guy wanted to "think about it". The second guy said "I'll take it". That's why unless it's a Vacheron, a Patek, a Brietling, a Rolex or something that "most" people understand & are completely familiar with,,,,,, I never bother to take pictures, I just make direct personal calls and work privately with my clients. They seem to like the personal & professional approach.
Boomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Were you tempted to keep this rare gem for your personal collection? I know I would have. =)

Best Regards.

Thomas Carey

W&CF Admin & Sole Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:32 pm 

Thomas Carey wrote:
Were you tempted to keep this rare gem for your personal collection? I know I would have. =)

Best Regards.

Thomas Carey

Tom,
I guess the "short" answer is "yes". However, everything that we bring in is "inventory" for our website or to fill the request of our clients. Out of approximately 900 watches, the ONLY one not for sale is the one my grandfather gave me when I was 12 years old.