I've recently bought an Omega Seamaster f300 Hz SM120 off of ebay. It was in a pretty good condition considering its age, and i just couldn't resist :)
So, the first day i've got it, already running and with a fresh cell in it, i decided to immediately start logging the accuracy. To my disappointment, after two days, i've realised it's losing about 15 seconds a day. Horrible.
Being the hands on, meddling, dismantling, don't-know-what-i'm-doing-but-i-need-to-take-it-apart kinda guy, that's exactly what i did...
... and set about trying to regulate it.
Unlike the Accutron movements, ESA 9162 doesn't have the fork weights on the coil side, but the business-end of the fork. The problem here is, that's where the index wheel and pawls are. Which i was unaware of at the time.
To cut the story short, once i've put started the watch again, the seconds hand wasn't moving. Great, i thought, and started debugging. Of course, it turned out i've not only dislodged one of the pawls under the wheel (the stationary one), but somehow also bent the other (the vibrating one). Yay me!
After about 20-30 minutes of sweating, with two needles in my hands and a flashlight in my teeth, eyes about a centimeter away from the movement, i've - to my surprise - managed to fix it. It's working again now, but needs a tap sometimes to start moving again after hacking. The index wheel seems undamaged. While debugging, i've reverted the weights to their previous setting, so the original problem (quite probably) remains unsolved. Hopefully, i haven't done any more damage (like unbalancing the index wheel).
Anyways, i was wondering how much a service/refresh of the movement and watch would cost and what the options are :)